New York Stock Exchange Remains Global Leader in Capital Raising in First Half of 2015;
The New York Stock Exchange, part of the Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE:ICE) global network of exchanges, remained the leading exchange globally for capital raising in the first half of 2015, with 264 transactions raising a total of $94 billion, more than any other exchange in the world. This includes 42 companies that raised $12 billion from initial public offerings (IPOs) in the first half of 2015.
With leadership across multiple sectors, NYSE led with 100% of REIT IPOs and 70% of all private equity (PE)-backed IPO proceeds, while gaining momentum in healthcare, including one of the largest biotech IPOs ever. Consistent with its leadership in technology IPOs since 2012, the NYSE welcomed 10 technology IPOs raising $2.6 billion, which represents 66% of all capital raised from U.S. tech IPOs. Additionally, more than 85% of exchange traded products (ETPs) listed on NYSE Arca during the first half of the year.
“Nothing has the power to unlock capital to drive innovation, create new jobs and enable long-term growth like an IPO,” said Garvis Toler, NYSE Head of Global Capital Markets. “We take seriously our role in the capital formation process and are proud of our flawless track record of execution on behalf of our issuers, which include global innovators across all sectors from technology and healthcare to financial services and energy. The momentum continues amid a healthy IPO landscape, and we continue to see a strong pipeline for offerings through the rest of the year.”
First Half of 2015
- NYSE Group, which includes NYSE and NYSE MKT, raised $94 billion in total proceeds from 264 transactions globally.
- NYSE Group raised $12 billion in total proceeds from U.S. IPOs, including:
- Leading in high growth IPOs since 2012, NYSE led in technology listings with $2.6 billion raised from 10 tech IPOs, representing 66% of all capital raised from U.S. tech IPOs. including Box Inc. (NYSE:BOX), Fitbit Inc. (NYSE:FIT) and GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE:GDDY)
- Notable NYSE healthcare and biotech IPOs include EndoChoice Holdings (NYSE:GI), Invitae Corp (NYSE:NVTA), Glaukos Corp (NYSE:GKOS) and one of the largest biotech IPOs in history, Axovant Sciences (NYSE:AXON).
- 100% of all REIT IPOs listed with NYSE, raising a combined $1.1 billion in proceeds in addition to the Seritage Growth Properties rights offering from Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD).
- International IPOs including Shopify Inc. (NYSE:SHOP) and Euronav NV (NYSE:EURN) as NYSE continues to be a destination for non-U.S. IPOs.
- 70% of all capital raised from PE-backed IPOs, as NYSE Group is the destination of choice for PE-backed companies including Party City Holdco Inc. (NYSE:PRTY), Summit Materials Inc. (NYSE:SUM) and Evolent Health Inc. (NYSE:EVH).
- The five largest IPOs year-to-date (YTD): Tallgrass Energy GP LP (NYSE: TEGP), Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (NYSE:CPPL), Univar Inc. (NYSE:UNVR), Fitbit Inc. (NYSE:FIT) and TransUnion (NYSE:TRU).
- NYSE Group is the global leader in follow-on financing with $82 billion in proceeds raised from over 220 follow-on transactions, as well as spin-off transactions with 18 spin-offs YTD, representing more than $52 billion in combined market cap or 90% of all spin-offs by market cap.
- A vast majority of companies continue to leverage the JOBS act, with 79% of NYSE IPOs filing under the JOBS Act YTD including Shake Shack Inc (NYSE:SHAK).
Leadership in Exchange Traded Products
- Of the ETPs that listed in the U.S. in the first half of 2015, over 85% were listed on NYSE Arca – representing over $2.8 billion in assets under management (AUM).
- More than 1500 ETPs are listed on NYSE Arca, representing over 90%, by AUM, of all U.S. listed ETPs.
“With more than 2,300 of the world’s leading companies listed on the NYSE representing over $27 trillion in combined market capitalization, the NYSE ensures that we support public markets and companies in a way that fosters their growth, stability and attractiveness to global investors,“ said NYSE Group President Tom Farley. “Our market model, global visibility and leading network of listed companies offer our community a valuable and differentiated listing experience.”
Source: Intercontinental Exchange / ICE