Dealogic: Record 45 $10bn+ Deals Announced in First Nine Months of 2015
Dealogic has published an analysis regarding Merger & Acquisition activity and trends around the world.
As the company reports, a record 45 $10bn+ Deals Announced in First Nine Months of 2015.
- 45 $10bn+ M&A deals were announced in the first nine months of 2015, with a combined total of $1.15tr, up 89% from the same period last year ($610.5bn via 27 deals) and the highest first nine months volume and activity on record
– $10bn+ deals accounted for 34% of global M&A volume, up from 23% year-on-year, and was the highest market share on record
- Volume was dominated by 33 US targeted $10bn+ deals totaling $858.7bn, more than double year-on year ($361.2m via 14 deals) and the highest volume and activity on record. The $79.6bn acquisition of Time Warner Cable Inc by Charter Communications Inc announced 26 May 2015 is in line to be the seventh largest US targeted deal on record
– Hong Kong was the second most targeted nation with three $10bn+ deals announced in the first nine months of 2015, with a total value of $102.2bn, the first time $10bn+ deals were recorded since Pacific Century Regional Development Ltd completed its acquisition of Cable & Wireless HKT Ltd for $28.0bn on 17 Aug 2000
- After a third year-on-year increase, shares-only was the top payment method for $10bn+ deals in the first nine months of 2015 ($924.5bn). This was more than double the volume in the same period in 2014 ($470.4bn) and the highest first nine months level on record. 61% of all common shares were paid by US acquirors ($561.4bn) for domestic acquisitions
– Despite a 60% year-on-year increase , Cash-only as a payment method dropped to second place with $809.3m, having been the top payment method for the previous three consecutive first nine month periods
Goldman Sachs led the $10bn+ advisor ranking in the first nine months of 2015 with $623.2bn, followed Morgan Stanley and Bank of America Merrill Lynch with $549.7bn and $468.8bn, respectively