Bank of America to connect with customers via Facebook Messenger
The social media giant says that every month, over 900 million people around the world communicate with friends, families and over 50 million businesses on Messenger. It’s the second most popular app on iOS, and was the fastest growing app in the US in 2015.
Initial capabilities being pursued would enable clients to receive important real-time alerts and communications from Bank of America through the Messenger Platform.
“As one of the first banks collaborating with Facebook Messenger, Bank of America sees tremendous potential in connecting our financial services expertise with Messenger to deliver enhanced access, convenience and value for our clients,” says Michelle Moore, head of Digital Banking at Bank of America. “We want to serve clients wherever and whenever they choose, and Messenger is a perfect complement to our connected banking proposition through 2016 and beyond.”
New features are slated to begin launching later this year.
- Facebook Messenger Rolls Out Payment Service Across The U.S.
- Bank of America Makes Online Payments Seamless With Visa Checkout
- 5 Ways To Turn Facebook Messenger Into Your Best Customer Service Tool
- Money transfer is now social
- Bank of America Introduces Fingerprint and Touch ID Sign-in for Its Mobile Banking App