iSignthis announced the appointment of a new board member to iSignthis eMoney
- Appoints new board member to iSignthis eMoney Ltd board
- Dr George Theocharides experience includes
o CySec Board (Cypriot Securities sector regulator)
o Bank of Cyprus & Centre for Blockchain technologies
o Associate Professor at Cyprus International Institute of Management.
iSignthis Ltd (“the Company”), is pleased to announce that effective today, Dr George Theocharides has been appointed to the board of its subsidiary, iSignthis eMoney Ltd, following regulatory approval as a ‘fit and proper’ person under the European Central Bank requirements.
Dr. George Theocharides is an Associate Professor of Finance at the Cyprus International Institute of Management (CIIM), a Research Fellow at the UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies (UCL CBT), and a Director at Goal Portfolios Ltd. He is also the Chairman of the Board of Cyprus Blockchain Technologies Ltd, a non-profit organisation established as a collaboration among academic institutions, local regulators, financial institutions and banks, as well as other technology associations and companies. Dr. Theocharides serves as the Programme Director of the MSc in Financial Services at CIIM and Chairman of the Board of Management of The English School, Nicosia, a selective and highly prestigious secondary school. Currently, he is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Global Balanced Fund of Funds Salamis VCIC Plc and a member of the Training/HR Committee of the Cyprus Investment Funds Association (CIFA).
In the past, he served as a member of the Interim Board of Bank of Cyprus, Chairman of the Recapitalisation Committee, and member of the Audit Committee and CISCO Ltd, a nonexecutive member of the Board of Directors of the Cypriot markets regulator, the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), as well as a Board member of the Cyprus-Kuwait Business Association.
Dr. Theocharides holds a B. Eng. (Hons) degree in Electrical Engineering and Electronics from University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (U.M.I.S.T.), an M.B.A. degree (in Marketing and Venture Management) from the University of San Diego, as well as a Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Arizona. Before joining CIIM he spent almost four years as an Assistant Professor of Finance at the Graduate School of Business at Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul, Korea. Prior to that, he served as an International Faculty Fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Sloan School of Management (MIT) between August and December 2006. Dr. Theocharides research and teaching interests are in the fields of fixedincome markets, investments, international finance, and derivatives. He has provided numerous in-house and open seminars in finance-related topics in Cyprus and abroad.
CEO of iSignthis Ltd, Mr John Karantzis said “We are delighted to have a person of George’s caliber join the board of iSignthis eMoney. George brings a unique mix of financial, technical and regulatory experience to the board, as well as further insight into the securities sector, which is a key market sector for the Company. I look forward to working with George and welcome him to the iSignthis eMoney Ltd board”.
Australian Securities and Frankfurt Stock Exchange listed iSignthis Ltd (ASX: ISX | FRA: TA8)
is the global RegTech leader in remote identity verification and payment authentication coupled with deposit taking, transactional banking and payment processing capability. iSignthis provides an end-to-end on-boarding service for merchants, with a unified payment and identity service via our Paydentity™ and ISXPay® solutions.
By converging payments and identity, iSignthis delivers regulatory compliance to an enhanced customer due diligence standard, offering global reach to any of the world’s 4.2Bn ‘bank verified’ card or account holders, that can be remotely on-boarded to meet the Customer Due Diligence requirements of AML regulated merchants in as little as 3 to 5 minutes. Paydentity™ has now onboarded and verified more than 1.6m persons to an AML KYC standard.
- iSignthis Paydentity™ service is the trusted back office solution for regulated entities, allowing merchants to stay ahead of the regulatory curve, and focus on growing their core business. iSignthis’ subsidiary, iSignthis eMoney Ltd, trades as ISXPay®, and is an EEA authorised eMoney Monetary Financial Institution, offering card acquiring in the EEA, and Australia.
- ISXPay® is a principal member of Visa Inc, Mastercard Inc, Diners, Discover, (China) Union Pay International and JCB International, an American Express aggregator, and provides merchants with access to payments via alternative methods including SEPA, Poli Payments, Sofort, Trustly, WeChat, AliPay and others.
- UAB Baltic Banking Service, (“BBS”) a wholly owned subsidiary of iSignthis Ltd, provides mAPI based access to SEPA Core, SEPA Instant and SEPA business schemes (“CoreConnect”), for neobanks, banks, credit unions and emoney institutions, and provides a bridge to the Central Bank of Lithuania’s CENTROLink service. Document Management (“DocPlus”) and Payment Management Systems (“PayPlus”) form part of the product suite, with BBS contracted to deliver these services to a number of regulated entities.
- Probanx Information Systems Ltd (Probanx®), a wholly owned subsidiary of iSignthis Ltd, is an international banking software company which has been serving the banking industry since the year 2000 by developing comprehensive banking software solutions to financial institutions around the globe. Probanx offers web-based banking solutions using the latest technology and international standard business rules. Our customers are located on five continents and supported from our technical centres in Europe and Australia. iSignthis’ Probanx delivers core banking software, including a fully comprehensive and versatile banking solution for retail, corporate and private banks, emoney and payment institutions, offering capabilities that up until now were affordable only by large commercial banks.