Euronext reports average daily transaction value up +21.7% compared to April 2016
Euronext, the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone, today announced trading volumes for April 2017.
- The April 2017 average daily transaction value on the Euronext cash order book stood at €8,458 million up +21.7% compared to April 2016 and up +14.4% from the previous month. Please note that April was the fourth consecutive month of volume increase and the best average daily transaction value since February 2016. Furthermore, 24 April was the most active day of the year with €15.9 billion traded. The average daily transaction value on ETFs was €549 million, flat compared to April 2016 and up +7.3% from the previous month. Our ETF offering remained stable this month with 809 listings at
- The average daily volume on equity index derivatives reached 272,141 contracts in April 2017, up +28.8% compared to April 2016 and up +19.6% from the previous month. Please note that 19 April was the most active day on equity index derivatives since December 2014 with 833,262 contracts traded of which 594,600 contracts of the CAC40® future, exceeding the previous 2017 record by 47.0%. The average daily volume on individual equity derivatives reached 264,189 contracts in April 2017, up +15.4% compared to April 2016 and up +3.3% from the previous month.
- In April 2017, the average daily volume on commodities derivatives reached 61,013 contracts, down by -13.8% compared to April 2016 and up +10.5% from the previous month.
- On a year-to-date basis, the overall average daily volume on Euronext derivatives stands at 535,173 contracts (-2.7% compared to end of April 2016) and the open interest was up at 14,862,210 contracts (+0.2% compared to end of April 2016).
- In April 2017, Euronext had two new listings: the technical admission of Veon Ltd and the IPO of German origin X-Fab Silicon Foundries SE that raised €440 million, adding to our Tech franchise €1 billion market capitalisation. In addition, €4.3 billion were raised on Euronext in corporate bonds and €10.6 billion of follow-on equity, of which a €1.4 billion rights offering by Amundi.