ESMA issued a notice on product intervention renewal decision in relation to binary options
On 21 September 2018, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) adopted a Decision under Article 40 of Regulation (EU) No 600/2014 to prohibit the marketing, distribution or sale of binary options to retail clients.
The Decision renews and amends ESMA Decision (EU) 2018/795.
In accordance with Article 40(5) of Regulation (EU) No 600/2014, this Notice provides details of the Decision and the time from which the measure will take effect. The full text of the Decision is published in the Official Journal of the European Union
Find the full notice HERE
- ESMA renews Binary Options prohibition
- ESMA ceases renewal of product intervention measure relating to Binary Options
- MiFID II: ESMA Consults On Systematic Internalisers’ Quote Rules
- ESMA released Product Intervention Renewal Decision in relation to CFDs
- ESMA finds high level of diversity in national markets for structured retail products